Thursday, April 24, 2014

Man commits suicide after being broken down by family court system...

Today, I heard the tragic story of Chris Mackney, a father of two who split from his ex wife and then got financially raped by the family court system in Fairfax, Virginia.  He posted a suicide note, which was then posted to a number of Web sites, including A Voice For Men.  After Mr. Mackney's death, his ex wife Dina sicced lawyers on the Web sites who dared to post her ex's suicide note and discuss his demise.  If you follow the link to A Voice For Men, you can read the note in question, since at this writing the site is refusing to take it down.  You can also listen to today's edition of Going Mental, which is a show hosted by Paul Elam of A Voice For Men and Dr. Tara Palmatier.



I have to say, I'm not nearly as jaded about women or marriage as Elam and Dr. T. are.  However, I do agree with a lot of their advice and if I had a son, I would advise him in much the same way they advise men who are listening.  Unfortunately, a lot of the men who are listening are nice guys who have already been burned by extremely vindictive women who make it their mission to screw over their exes.  I think it's a very sad state of affairs… even as I also understand that women get screwed by their ex husbands, too.  I can understand why they offer advice against marriage or even having kids.

You can read Mr. Mackney's blog here. (ETA- Mr. Mackney's blog has now been taken down.  Big surprise!)

For more information on domestic abuse against men, click here.  

I feel lucky that Bill trusted me after his experience with his ex wife.  If I were him, I'd have probably stayed single.



  

2 comments:

  1. Hey all, I just finished a book about this story, Bullied to Death: Chris Mackney's Kafkaesque Divorce, http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0149ERBBI

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up. I will check it out!

      Delete

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.