Sunday, June 23, 2013

Things that make me go "hmm..."

1.  Why doesn't anyone say "Up yours!" anymore?  Yesterday, I was watching Splash, a 1984 film starring Tom Hanks and Daryl Hannah, when a cabbie said "Up yours!" to someone.  It occurred to me it had been a really long time since I last heard that insult hurled at anyone.  I guess it's gone out of style.

2.  Why do the women on The Golden Girls all wear such heavy sweaters?  They live in Miami, for Chrissakes!  I know they were supposed to be old women and old people supposedly get cold more than younger people do.  It still looks odd for these women to be wearing these really heavy clothes in Miami, even if the show was made in the 1980s.

3.  Why do I have fun ideas for blog posts that suddenly go *poof* when I go to write them?

Seriously, I had an idea for this morning's post and it totally went out of my head.  I must be developing the mental Swiss cheese brain so common in middle aged people.  I used to have a memory like a steel trap.

As I write this, I'm worried about my dog, Zane, who seems to be dealing with some pretty serious allergies right now.  He keeps licking and chewing his paws and scratching his face, which only makes things worse.  I don't know what his problem is.  He's going to get his teeth cleaned tomorrow.  Maybe the vet will have something to say about it...  I just took him in last week, but he's gotten a bit worse since then.

I'm also watching Dr. Phil.  There's a woman on today's re-run who has severe eating disorders.  I see the Dr. Phil folks have dressed this woman in shorts and a tank top so everyone can see every bone in her body.  She just complained of being cold, so they gave her a blanket to wrap up in.  The blanket gives her quite a waif effect.  It's obvious she needs serious help, though she supposedly wrote to Dr. Phil of her own volition.  The Doctors are also in the house.  Travis Stork is there, being all solicitous.  I'm sure that makes a lot of viewers swoon.  The guest is 28 years old and weighs 60 pounds.

I have a serious urge to go to the beach.  I long to sit on the sand and listen to the waves.  I worry that the beaches in Texas will suck.

Last night, my husband and I went out to dinner at our local favorite hole in the wall.  They totally changed their menu, which makes me a little sad.  I used to love their biscuits.  We did have a good meal, though.  I got shrimp and grits, flounder, and pineapple cheesecake...  Who knew this little town had such a nice place to eat?

I'm also surveying the lawn and realizing how much work needs to be done on it before we move.  That's all for now...  If that idea I had pops back in my head today, I'll be sure to get right to the computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.