Sunday, June 23, 2013

Jive talking... is it a dead language now?

Ever see the movie Airplane!?  It was one of my favorite films when I was growing up.  It was probably the first one I ever saw on HBO...

This morning, a guy I used to work with posted this...


"Chump don't want de help, chump don't get de help..."


Nobody seems to speak Jive anymore...

Here's a clip about the making of the Jive segments on Airplane!


And Barbara Billingsley, aka "June Cleaver", gives her thoughts on "speaking Jive"...



He still speaks Jive.

If you were around in the late 1970s, you no doubt remember when the song "Jive Talkin'" by the Bee Gees was popular...



I think the art of speaking Jive is now dead.  I don't remember the last time I heard it.


Unless, of course, you're talking about the Hand Jive.  All you have to do is watch Grease for that.

This post is short on content, but long on nostalgia and silliness.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.