Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Happiness is...

a man who bakes.


My husband baked these the other night... made 'em from scratch.

The last thing I need to be eating is bread... or any other carb heavy food.  I must admit that I do love me some hot rolls, though.  I like them with a little butter on them, even though butter is pure fat and I'm not lacking in the fat department.

For the past few years, my husband has been doing most of the cooking in our house.  I used to do the cooking.  I'm good at it and I'm home a lot, so it made sense that I'd cook.  But I'd never know when my husband was going to get home some nights and I'd have a nice meal ready and end up having to wait on him.  Then we lived in Germany and I couldn't be bothered to re-learn temperature conversion.

He started doing the cooking.  I must admit, he's good at it.  When I met my husband, he only knew how to cook a few things, but since we've been together, his cooking repertoire has really expanded a lot.  He also brews his own beer, which gets better and better with every batch.  And now he's learned how to make perfect rolls, which then turn into rolls on my body.  The fact that he makes great beer is reason enough to keep him around forever.  So glad he no longer follows the Word of Wisdom.

I have a Facebook friend who says he's a "good wife".  He cooks me dinner, fixes me drinks, and just basically takes care of me.  All I have to do is train him to fetch my slippers.  Just kidding.  I don't wear slippers and if I did, I'd happily fetch them myself.

Every once in awhile, I feel like cooking and I'll make dinner.  I should probably reclaim the kitchen at some point.  Maybe in the next house I'll like the kitchen better and start cooking again.  Then again, maybe not.  


Bill making beer.

The other day, I said I was in the mood for falafel.  So he came home last night and made a vegetarian Middle Eastern feast, complete with falafel, hummus, fresh vegetables, feta cheese (which I didn't eat), and warm pita bread.  We washed it down with a lovely malbec from Argentina.

I wonder what he has in store for us tonight...  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on older posts will be moderated until further notice.